Building Climbing and Fitness Equipment
Time frame: Immediate
Location: Randolph, MA.
Hiring Contacts: Conant Brewer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Full time
Level: Entry level with experience using hand tools
Do you have the motivation but not the experience to learn to actually build things? Are you comfortable using tools? Want to be part of a small group with real responsibility?
Treadwall Fitness is a 32-year manufacturer of climbing-related fitness equipment (www.treadwallfitness.com). We are looking for a motivated, hands-on person to help build our products. You will work with metal and wood materials – we will train as needed.
Position will help prioritize tasks (weekly meeting). Daily work might include prepping metal parts by cutting, drilling; using press brake to bend parts, or using a shear to cut sheet stock. You will learn to order stock, pack and manage coating suppliers, hold quality control and work in a small group to complete production. You will help with packing, building pallets and handling hardware packages. Everyone participates in product/process development – your input will be expected.
What type of person are we looking for?
- A strong view of teamwork and the willingness to receive direction and help when needed.
- Motivated to learn and work hard.
- Able to focus on goals and complete projects given the distractions in a small company.
What are the required skills we need?
- Proven ability to handle hand tools and related equipment. We will test.
- Good physical shape and able to lift 70 pounds.
- Able to communicate clearly and willing to participate in group discussions.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Good driving record.
Experience and Education:
- 2 years minimum work experience.
- High School Diploma.
What is offered:
- Starting wage based on experience: $19.50 to $24.00 per hour.
- All the training that you will need.
- Flexible hours and schedules can be cooperatively arranged.
- Annual bonuses paid and yearly increases.
- Benefit package after 3-month probation period.
- Participation in the entire process from product design to delivery.
- Small company environment with family focus.
- Tons of room to grow and learn. Curiosity is encouraged.
- Small training gym on-site.
Brewer’s Ledge does not discriminate: this position is open to all that are qualified. We respond to all candidates. Please apply only if serious.